Tuesday, January 09, 2007

bloodtype

so i was at the doctor this week
and he aske me my bloodtype

on my drive home today from work I begin to hypothesize
does one's bloodtype characterize their personality, their traits?

we all know from early biology class that depending on one's bloodtype you can either receive or give blood to certain individuals

for example, I'm one of 7% in the U.S. who is O negative
its really the worst type to be because while I'm a universal donor only those who are O negative can give me blood

Well, it seems as if I'm not the only person who has thought about the correlation between bloodtype and personality characteristics

i googled it tonight and ... (below taken from www.wikipedia.com)

The Japanese blood type theory of personality is a popular belief that a person's ABO blood type is predictive of their personality, character, and compatibility with others, according to books by Masahiko Nomi. This belief has carried over to certain extent in other parts of East Asia such as South Korea and Taiwan. In Japan, asking someone their blood type is considered as normal as asking their astrological sign. It is also common for Japanese-made video games (especially role-playing games) and manga series to include blood type with character descriptions.

What's your bloodtype?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A negative.

And yes, the Japanese are OBSESSED with blood types. I had a fortysomething housewife ask me my blood type in class. Awkward.

Next week's lesson: question appropriacy and audiences. :)

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home